Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Plans.

I suck, I repeat SUCK, at being patient. Sure, I am not as bad as those people that honk at a car right as the light turns green or anything like that, but I get so very impatient when it comes to things I want. If I want a movie, and I see it in the store and I have the money on me, that movie gets bought. If I hear a song on a YouTube video, I absolutely have to find it on my music site right away. It's ridiculous, but it's one of those...things. Everyone has a "thing" that they do that makes other people go.."Er, what's up with you?".

My finace lives in another state at the moment, finishing up his college degree so that we might live the most wonderous life and have our happily ever after, and I was extremely impatient at the beginning of our relationship. Like, I was impatient for his calls, his texts, his words, his thoughts, his very being. Oh yeah,I was super clingy. I was in the infatuation stage of the relationship, where everything had to be exciting and had to be right, otherwise I would just break up with him. He, of course, was wonderful,did everything right and treated me like a queen. I was still, however, impatient. And my impatience got me into some trouble. But God blessed him with the most patience any one on this earth could handle. He put his hands on the bond that we shared and made it strong again, and I thank Him every day for that.

But from every experience you earn knowledge about the future and how to handle it. God gave me patience. I now have the patience to handle the future of my relationship with my finace. I have the patience to look at myself in the mirror and realize that every fault I have shouldn't hold me back from what I want, what I need, what I love. I have so much respect for my love, who can hold his tongue even when his heart shouts, who can pray often, who can smile through the heartache, and who can love me even though my faults once held me away from him.

But God had other plans for us. Plans for him to be successful, plans for me to learn and teach, plans for him to be patient with me, plans for me to be patient with him and oh so many more good things.

So I leave this blog with with a wonderful quote from the bible.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future. "
- Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: